If you are shipping any hazardous (HAZMAT), perishable goods, or controlled items, you can use Intuitive Shipping to create a Shipping Method that restricts where and how those materials are shipped.
For this example, let’s say the restricted products or hazardous goods can only be shipped by ground and only within the continental United States.
If a product cannot ship to one of your Shipping Zones at all, click here for this simplified setup.
Add A Restricted Shipping Scenario
1) Click the Shipping on the main menu, then select Scenarios from the drop-down list.
2) Add a Shipping Scenario.
3) Set Visibility to On.
4) Enter the Shipping Scenario Title – e.g. ‘Restricted’ or ‘Controlled’.
Set The Controlled Shipping Scenario Condition
1) Leave the settings under Condition Match, Product Filtering, and Advanced Options on their Default settings.
2) Click the Add Another Condition button.
For this example, we’ll set the Condition to be based on a Product Tag. You can also set the Condition to be based on Product Name, Type or SKU.
3) Click the Condition field. Then select Tag from the Per Product Conditions section.
4) Set the Condition logic to Equals.
5) Enter the Value as the Tag name you assigned to your controlled products – e.g. ‘Controlled’.
6) Leave the setting below the Tag value set to ‘ANY product must satisfy this condition’. This will ensure that the Controlled Shipping Method is triggered as long as there is at least one controlled product in the cart.
Add A Shipping Method
- In the Shipping Methods section, click Add Shipping Method beside the Shipping Zone that permits the controlled products – e.g ‘Mainland United States.
- Create a Title for your Shipping Method – e.g. ‘Ground’.
Select The Shipping Calculation Method
- In the Calculate Shipping Based On section, choose the desired Shipping Carrier from the Live Rates section of the drop-down list. For a list of which Shipping Carriers are supported by Intuitive Shipping, click here. For this example, we’ll choose United States Postal Service (USPS).
Enter the Shipping Origin Address
- In the Ship From Location section, select the shipment Country of Origin and enter the Postal Code/ Zip Code.
- If you have a Carrier Account, click Additional Settings to enter your Carrier Account details. Intuitive Shipping can calculate live rates based on your negotiated rates.
Select the Delivery Method
- In the Delivery Methods section, select the applicable Ground delivery methods provided by your preferred carrier.
Enter Package Details
- In the Packages section, select how you would like your packages to be split – e.g. by Combined Weight.
- Click the Add Another Package button for each package.
- Enter the Package dimensions and weight.
- Add as many custom packages as you need.
Adjust The Final Shipping Cost
- Enter the Minimum Cost. If the shipping cost is less than this value, it will be adjusted to the Minimum Cost.
- Enter the Maximum Cost. If the shipping cost is more expensive than this value, it will be adjusted to the Maximum Cost.
- Enter the amount of Mark Up or Mark Down to be applied to the final shipping cost.
- Enter any miscellaneous Handling costs – e.g. packaging material costs.
- Enter any Insurance fees.
Round The Shipping Cost
- Select whether or not to Round the Shipping Cost Up or Down. By default, this is set to ‘do not round’.
- Select the amount of rounding from the drop-down.
- Select the conditions that must be satisfied for Free Shipping to be activated.
- Or, leave blank to exclude Free Shipping.
Combine Per Product Custom Shipping Charges
- Select how products with custom shipping charges will interact with the shipping costs calculated within this Shipping Method.
- Enter a percentage Mark Up or Mark Down.
Save Your Shipping Method
Click the Save button!
Save Your Settings
- When you return to the Edit Shipping Scenario screen, click the Save button!
Exclude Controlled Items From Standard Shipping
- Click the Shipping menu button, then select Shipping Scenarios from the drop-down list.
- Click on an existing Shipping Scenario which will exclude restricted or controlled items.
- Under Conditions, click the Add Another Condition button.
For this example, we’ll set the Condition based on a Product Tag. You can also set the Condition based on Product Name or SKU.
- Click the Condition field. Then from the list of options, select Tag under the Individual Product Conditions section.
- Set the Condition to Does Not Equal.
- Enter the Value as the Tag name you assigned to your controlled products – e.g. ‘Controlled’. Be sure to use the same tag used in the Controlled Shipping Scenario you created earlier in this setup.
- Under the Value, change the rule to ‘All Products In The Cart Must Satisfy This Condition’.
Save Your Settings
- Click the Save button!