You can add unlimited Shipping Methods to each shipping zone within a Shipping Scenario.
Before creating a Live Rate Shipping Method, be sure to create a Shipping Scenario.
If you don’t require a Live Rate Shipping Method, create a Custom Shipping Method instead (you’ll still need to create a Shipping Scenario first).
Add A Shipping Method
- Click the Shipping menu button, then select Shipping Scenarios from the drop-down list.
- In the Shipping Methods section at the bottom of the Edit Shipping Scenario page, click Add Shipping Method beside the applicable Shipping Zone – e.g. ‘United States’.
- Create a Title for your Shipping Method – e.g. ‘Express Shipping’.
- If you prefer to use the Title returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Title’.
- Enter a Service Code – e.g. ‘Express’ (Optional).
- If you prefer to use the Service Code returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Service Code’.
- Enter the Delivery Time (in business days) that will be displayed to your customers during checkout (Optional).
- If you prefer to use the estimated Delivery Time returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Times’ (Optional).
- Enter a Description for your Shipping Method (Optional). The Description will appear below the Shipping Method Title at checkout.
Select The Shipping Calculation Method
- In the Calculate Shipping Based On section, choose the desired Shipping Carrier from the Live Rates section of the drop-down list. For a list of which Shipping Carriers are supported by Intuitive Shipping, click here.
Enter the Shipping Origin Address
- In the Ship From Location section, select the shipment Country of Origin and enter the Postal Code/ Zip Code.
- If you have a Carrier Account, click Additional Settings to enter your Carrier Account details. Intuitive Shipping can calculate live rates based on your negotiated rates.
Enter the Delivery Method
- In the Delivery Methods section, select which delivery methods you would like returned at checkout. You can choose All methods, the Cheapest method or the Most Expensive method.
- Check the box beside each delivery method you would like returned at checkout.
Enter Package Details
- In the Packages section, select how you would like your packages to be split – e.g. by Combined Weight.
- Click the Add Another Package button for each package.
- Enter the Package dimensions and weight.
- Add as many custom packages as you need.
Adjust Final Shipping Costs
- Enter the Minimum Cost. If the shipping cost is less than this value, it will be adjusted to the Minimum Cost.
- Enter the Maximum Cost. If the shipping cost is more expensive than this value, it will be adjusted to the Maximum Cost.
- Enter the amount of Mark Up or Mark Down to be applied to the final shipping cost.
- Enter any miscellaneous Handling costs – e.g. packaging material costs.
- Enter any Insurance fees.
Round The Shipping Cost
- Select whether or not to Round the Shipping Cost Up or Down. By default, this is set to ‘do not round’.
- Select the amount of rounding from the drop-down.
- Select the conditions that must be satisfied for Free Shipping to be activated.
- Or, leave blank to exclude Free Shipping.
Combine Per Product Custom Shipping Charges
- Select how products with custom shipping charges will interact with the shipping costs calculated within this Shipping Method.
- Enter a percentage Mark Up or Mark Down.
Combine Shipping Methods
- Assign a Tag to the Shipping Method that will be used to combine shipping rates. To learn more about Combined Shipping Methods, click here.
Save Your Settings
Click the Save button!
What’s Next: Create Dimensions For A Single Product