You can add unlimited Shipping Methods to each shipping zone within a Shipping Scenario.
A Live Rate Shipping Method lets you pull in live shipping rates from your preferred carriers. Before creating a Live Rate Shipping Method, be sure to create a Shipping Scenario.
If you don’t require a Live Rate Shipping Method, you can create a Custom Shipping Method instead (you’ll still need to create a Shipping Scenario first).
Add A Shipping Method
- Click the Shipping menu button, then select Shipping Scenarios from the drop-down list.
- In the Shipping Methods section at the bottom of the Edit Shipping Scenario page, click Add Shipping Method beside the applicable Shipping Zone – e.g. ‘United States’.
- Create a Title for your Shipping Method – e.g. ‘Express Shipping’.
- If you prefer to use the Title returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Title’.
- Enter a Service Code – e.g. ‘Express’ (Optional).
- If you prefer to use the Service Code returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Service Code’.
- Enter the Delivery Time (in business days) that will be displayed to your customers during checkout (Optional).
- If you prefer to use the estimated Delivery Time returned by the live carrier rates, check the box ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Times’ (Optional).
- Enter a Description for your Shipping Method (Optional). The Description will appear below the Shipping Method Title at checkout.
Select The Shipping Calculation Method
- In the Calculate Shipping Based On section, choose the desired Shipping Carrier from the Live Rates section of the drop-down list. For a list of which Shipping Carriers are supported by Intuitive Shipping, click here.
Enter the Shipping Origin Address
- In the Ship From Location section, select whether your location will be the one provided by Shopify or if you will define a custom ship from location.
- If you select Define a custom ship from location, enter the Country and Postal/ ZIP Code for your custom location in the Custom Ship From Location section.
Enter the Delivery Method
- In the Delivery Methods section, select which delivery methods you would like returned at checkout. You can choose to have All of your selected methods returned at checkout, the Cheapest method or the Most Expensive method.
- Check the box beside each delivery method you would like returned at checkout.
Enter Package Details
- In the Packages section, select how you would like your packages to be split – e.g. by Combined Weight.
- Click the Add Another Package button for each package.
- Enter the ‘Up to‘ value that will be used to determine when packages will be split. For example, if packages are split based on Combined Quantity and the ‘Up to’ value is 2, when a customer orders 3 items, the rate will be calculated based on two packages, where the first package contains 2 items and the second package contains 1 item.
- Enter the Package dimensions and the empty weight of the package.
- Add as many custom packages as you need.
Add Carrier Settings (Optional)
- To access negotiated rates with your preferred carrier, enter your account credentials.
Adjust Final Shipping Costs (Optional)
- Enter the Minimum Cost. If the shipping cost is less than this value, it will be adjusted to the Minimum Cost. For example, if the actual calculated rate is $7.25, and you’ve put $10 as the Minimum Cost, the customer will be shown $10 at checkout.
- Enter the Maximum Cost. If the shipping cost is more expensive than this value, it will be adjusted to the Maximum Cost. For example, if the actual calculated rate is $32.50, and you’ve put $20 as the Maximum Cost, the customer will be shown $20 at checkout.
- Enter the amount of Mark Up or Mark Down to be applied to the final shipping cost. The final shipping cost (after any Additional Fees) will be marked up or marked down by this amount. Enter flat amounts as a numerical value – e.g. enter $10 as ’10’. Enter percentage amounts with the ‘%’ symbol – e.g. 10%
- Enter any miscellaneous Handling costs – e.g. packaging material costs. Handling is applied to the Shipping Cost before Mark Up or Mark Down. For example, if the calculated rate is $100 and you add a 10% handling fee, the total shipping cost will be $110.
- Enter any Insurance fees. Insurance is based on the cart amount. For example, if the cart amount is $50 and the shipping cost is $100 – then you add a 10% insurance fee – the total shipping cost will be $105.
Round The Shipping Cost
- Select whether or not to Round the Shipping Cost Up or Down. By default, this is set to ‘do not round’. You can choose to only round up, only round down, or round up or down (whichever is closest to the nearest rounding value).
- Select the amount of rounding from the drop-down. You can round to the nearest 0.50, 1.00, 5.00 or 10.00. For example if the calculated rate is $3.53 and you choose to round up to the near the nearest 0.50, the rate will be rounded to $4.00. If you choose to round up or down, the rate will be displayed as $3.50
- Select the conditions that must be satisfied for Free Shipping to be activated.
- Or, leave blank to exclude Free Shipping.
Blend Per Product Custom Shipping Charges
- Select how products with custom shipping charges will interact with the shipping costs calculated within this Shipping Method. For example, if you choose ‘override shipping method with custom per product shipping charges’, and a customer’s cart includes a product with custom shipping charges, the custom charge will be displayed at checkout for the entire cart.
- Enter a percentage Mark Up or Mark Down on the blending option.
Combine Shipping Methods
- Assign a Tag to the Shipping Method that will be used to combine shipping rates. To learn more about Combined Shipping Methods, click here.
Save Your Settings
Click the Save button!
What’s Next: Create Dimensions For A Single Product