You can add unlimited Shipping Methods to each shipping zone within any Shipping Scenario.
A Custom Shipping Method lets you create a single flat shipping rate or a table of pre-determined rates. Before creating a Custom Shipping Method, you will need to create a Shipping Scenario.
If you don’t require a Custom Shipping Method, you can create a Live Rate Shipping Method instead (you’ll still need to create a Shipping Scenario first).
Add A Shipping Method
1) Click the Shipping menu button, then select Scenarios from the drop-down list.
3) In the Shipping Methods section at the bottom of the Edit Shipping Scenario page, click Add Shipping Method beside the applicable Shipping Zone – e.g. ‘United States’.
4) In the Display Settings section, create a Title for your Shipping Method – e.g. ‘Express Shipping’.
5) Enter a unique Service Code – e.g. ‘Express’ (Optional).
6) Enter the Delivery Time (in business days) that will be displayed to your customers during checkout (Optional).
7) Enter a Description for your Shipping Method (Optional). The Description will appear below the Shipping Method Title at checkout.
Select The Shipping Calculation Method
1) In the Calculate Shipping Based On section, choose the desired Combined Product Values or Individual Product Values to be used to calculate your custom shipping charges.
Enter The Shipping Costs
For a detailed explanation of how Shipping Costs work, go here.
1) In the Shipping Costs section, click the Add Another Shipping Costs button.
2) Under Up To, enter the maximum value – e.g. the number of items in the cart – before the system moves on to the next Shipping Costs row.
3) Enter the Shipping Cost the customer will be charged.
4) To make the shipping cost per unit – e.g. per item or per lb – enter the Per Unit value (Optional).
5) Add as many additional Shipping Costs as you need. Cost rows should be listed in order of lowest to highest ‘Up To’ value.
6) If required, click Additional Settings.
7) Select the Calculation Method to determine how the final Shipping Cost is calculated.
8) Toggle Split Cart to On or Off.
Adjust Final Shipping Costs
1) If desired, enter the Minimum Cost. If the shipping cost is less than this value, it will be adjusted up to the Minimum Cost.
2) If desired, enter the Maximum Cost. If the shipping cost is more expensive than this value, it will be adjusted down to the Maximum Cost.
3) If desired, enter the amount of Mark Up or Mark Down to be applied to the final shipping cost.
1) If desired, enter a Handling fee as a flat rate or a percentage to cover miscellaneous expenses like packaging material costs. Handling fees will be blended into the final shipping cost.
2) If desired, enter an Insurance fee as a flat rate or a percentage. Insurance fees will be blended into the final shipping cost.
Round The Shipping Cost
1) If desired, select whether or not to Round the Shipping Cost Up or Down. By default, this is set to ‘do not round’.
2) Select the amount of rounding from the drop-down.
1) Select the conditions that must be satisfied for Free Shipping to be activated.
2) Or, leave blank to exclude Free Shipping.
Combine Per Product Custom Shipping Charges
1) If desired, select how products with custom shipping charges will interact with the shipping costs calculated within this Shipping Method.
2) If desired, enter a percentage Mark Up or Mark Down that will be applied to the Custom Shipping Charges that interact with this Shipping Method.
Combined Shipping Methods
1) Assign a Tag to the Shipping Method that will be used to combine shipping rates. To learn more about Combined Shipping Methods, click here.
Save Your Settings
Click the Save button!
What’s Next: Create A Live Rate Shipping Method