Once you have all of your Shipping Scenarios and Shipping Methods set up, you can easily test Intuitive Shipping while still in Testing Mode.
Test Your Setup
1) Go to your store’s Checkout page.
2) Enter the Customer Name as (first name) Intuitive (last name) Shipping. This will trigger your Intuitive Shipping rates to appear.
Enable Carrier-Calculated Rates
When testing new or updated Shipping Scenarios, you’ll need to make sure Carrier-Calculated Rates are enabled on your Shopify account. If they aren’t enabled, your shipping rates will not appear at checkout, even in Testing Mode. In addition, you’ll see a red banner on the Intuitive Shipping Dashboard.
To learn how to enable Carrier-Calculated Rates, go here.
Clear the Shopify Cache
When testing updated Shipping Scenarios or Shipping Methods, you may need to clear the Shopify checkout cache in order to see updated rates. If you run a test after a change has been made in Intuitive Shipping:
Change the address slightly – e.g. change ‘123 Main St.’ to ‘1234 Main St.’
Once you’ve finished testing your setup in Testing Mode, you’ll need to Activate Your Account to start using Intuitive Shipping for live checkouts.
Hide Intuitive Shipping From Customers
After your account has been activated, you can hide your Intuitive Shipping setups from your customers. This is useful if you want to conduct further testing on all of your setups without altering the Visibility settings of individual Shipping Scenarios.
1) Click the Settings menu button.
2) Under General, toggle Visibility to Off. This will make all of your Shipping Scenarios invisible to your customers.
3) Click the Save button to save your Visibility settings.
4) Follow the steps at the beginning of this article to Test Your Setup.
5) When testing is completed, set Visibility to On again to make Intuitive Shipping available to your customers.