Product Dimensions are only required if you are calculating shipping using Live Rates.
This guide will teach you how to enter dimensions for Single products. To learn how to enter dimensions for Multiple products simultaneously, click here.
Add Product Dimensions
- Click the Shipping menu button, then select Products from the drop-down list.
- Click on a Product to add Dimensions.
- Enter the Length, Width, Height and Weight of the shipping size of the Product – e.g. if a t-shirt is folded to dimensions 12 x 8 x 1 inches, that is the shipping size.
- Under Additional Settings, choose whether or not the Product will be Packaged Separately. When enabled, the Product will not be packed using the Simplified Packaging System or the Smart Boxing Algorithm.
- Choose whether or not to Exclude From Free Shipping. When enabled, the Product will always be charged a shipping cost.
Add Variants (Optional)
- If your product has variants – e.g. S, M, L, XL – click on Show Variants.
- Enter the Dimensions for each of the Variants.
Ship A Product In Multiple Pieces
- If your product will be shipped in multiple pieces, click the Add Piece button, then enter the Length, Width, Height and Weight for each piece.
Shipping Zone Settings
- If desired, add a Custom Shipping Charge under Custom Shipping First Quantity for each Shipping Zone.
- If desired, add a Custom Shipping Charge under Custom Shipping Additional Quantity for each Shipping Zone.
- If desired, check the box beside Do Not Ship to This Zone. When enabled, no shipping costs will be returned by Intuitive Shipping, preventing a customer in this Shipping Zone from completing their checkout.
- If your product has variants – e.g. S, M, L, XL – click on Show Variants, then repeat the above Shipping Zone steps for each variant.
Save Your Settings
- Click the Save button!
- Click the Shipping menu button, then select Products from the drop-down list. You’ll now see the dimensions you just added displayed in the Products list.
What’s Next: Create A Combined Shipping Method