Product Dimensions are required if you are calculating shipping by volume or using our SmartBoxing™ packing system.
This guide will teach you how to enter dimensions and adjust other product settings for Multiple products simultaneously using a CSV file. To learn how to enter dimensions for Single products individually, click here.
Export Product Data
1) Click Products on the main menu.
2) Click the Export button at the top of the Products list page.
3) Click the Export button on the Export Product Settings popup box.
4) Find the email containing the CSV file attachment.
5) Open the CSV file using a compatible spreadsheet program – e.g. Microsoft Excel.
6) Save the file to your computer in a location that is accessible and easy to remember.
Add Product Dimensions
1) In the CSV file, enter the Length (depth), Width, Height and, if necessary, the Weight of the shipping size of each Product and Variant – e.g. if a t-shirt is folded to dimensions 12 x 8 x 1 inches, that is the shipping size.
Additional Settings (Optional)
In addition to entering dimensions, you can also apply Additional Settings using the CSV file instead of doing it manually.
As with entering dimensions, please do not add, remove or edit column headings when updating Additional Settings.
This setting lets you use the Product Dimensions (from the same row in the CSV file) to create a custom package for the product, so the product will not be packed with other items on the order.
This is useful if you have a product that cannot be packaged in a standard box or container, and requires a custom package.
1) In each applicable Product or Variant row, enter the word ‘TRUE’ under Package Separately (Column I). When you import the CSV file, the box beside the ‘Package Separately’ setting will be checked in the app.
Do Not Ship To This Zone
This setting lets you prevent a Product or Variant from shipping to one or more Shipping Zones. When applied, a customer from that Shipping Zone will be prevented from completing their checkout until the product has been removed from their cart.
1) Click on the column heading of one of your Shipping Zones. Column headings for Shipping Zones begin at Column M and move to the right (Column N, O, P, etc.) for as many Zones as you have.
2) In the formula bar, carefully select only the string of numbers between the square brackets (do not select the brackets or the Zone name), then right-click your mouse and select Copy.
3) In an applicable Product or Variant row, click the cell under Do Not Ship (Column K), then Paste the string of numbers copied from Step 2.
The string of numbers may automatically be converted to a scientific notation – e.g. ‘7.57E+10’. This is acceptable.
If you are applying the Do Not Ship To This Zone setting to multiple zones, continue to Step 4. Otherwise, skip to Step 11.
4) Click on the cell where you just pasted the string of numbers in Step 3.
5) In the formula bar, put your cursor at the end of the string of numbers, then add the | (vertical bar) symbol. Be sure there are no spaces between the string of numbers and the vertical bar.
6) Click on the column heading of another Zone that you want to exclude.
7) In the formula bar, select and Copy the string of numbers between the square brackets.
8) Click on the cell in Column K where you added the | vertical bar in Step 5.
9) In the formula bar, put your cursor after the | vertical bar, then Paste the second string of numbers after the vertical bar. Be sure there are no spaces before or after the vertical bar.
10) Repeat Steps 5 to 9 for each additional Zone you want to exclude.
For example, 73619490112|73619490332|73619490219 is acceptable. Whereas, 73619490112|73619490332|73619490219| (with a vertical bar at the end) is not acceptable.
11) Click on the cell in Column K containing the final string.
12) Copy and Paste the entire string under Do Not Ship (Column K) in each additional Product or Variant Row that you want to set to ‘Do Not Ship To This Zone’.
Exclude From Free Shipping
This setting lets you prevent a Product or Variant from being included when free shipping is activated by your Shipping Method.
This is useful when you have certain products that aren’t eligible for free shipping but are still being packed with other items in the Shipping Method.
That means, the setting only applies when you have set ‘Free Shipping (Optional)‘ to activate in your Shipping Method.
1) In each applicable Product or Variant row, enter the word ‘TRUE’ under Exclude From Free Shipping (Column L). When you import the CSV file, the box beside the ‘Exclude From Free Shipping’ setting will be checked in the app.
Save Your Settings
1) Once you have added dimensions and applied the Additional Settings for all applicable Products and Variants, save the CSV file.
Import Your Product Dimensions
1) Return to the Intuitive Shipping app.
2) If you’re not already on the Products List, click Products on the main menu.
3) Click the Import button at the top of the Products list page.
4) Click Choose File and select the saved CSV file from your computer.
5) Click the Import button on the Import Product Settings popup box to import the file into Intuitive Shipping.
When the import is completed, a notification will be sent to the same email address used to obtain the exported CSV file.
Review Your Settings
1) After the import has been completed, click Products on the main menu or refresh the page, then check to make sure all of your Product dimensions are displayed on your Products list.
2) To verify that Variant dimensions have been added, click Edit beside each product with Variants, then click Show Variants in the Dimensions section on the Product page.
3) To verify that Additional Settings have been applied, look below and beside the Product Dimensions on the Products list.
The ‘Package Separately’ setting is displayed below the dimensions. The ‘Exclude From Free Shipping’ and ‘Do Not Ship To This Zone’ settings are displayed beside the dimensions.
4) To verify that Variant Additional Settings have been applied, click Edit beside each product with Variants
5) To see ‘Package Separately’ and ‘Exclude from Free Shipping’ Variant settings, click Show Variants in the Dimensions section of the Product page.
6) To see ‘Do Not Ship to This Zone’ Variant settings, click Show Variants in the Shipping Zone Settings section on the Product page.
What’s Next: Create a Combined Shipping Method