If your store doesn’t ship to PO boxes, you can use Intuitive Shipping to prevent a customer with a PO box address from checking out. The setup process is really simple!
How It Works
By following this setup guide, only customers who do not have a PO box in their address will be able to get shipping methods from the Scenario with the PO Box Condition.
If you only have one Scenario, customers with a PO box in their address will get an error message when attempting to calculate shipping and will be unable to check out until they enter a valid address. We recommend including a statement somewhere on your store’s website – e.g. on your Shipping page or in the footer – that indicates you do not ship to PO boxes.
If you have more than one Scenario, be sure to add the PO Box Condition to each Scenario affected by your PO Box restriction.
Add PO Box Condition
1) Click Shipping on the main menu, then select Scenarios from the drop-down list.
2) Add a Shipping Scenario or edit an existing one.
3) Set Visibility to On.
4) If you are creating a new Scenario, enter the Shipping Scenario Title – e.g. ‘Standard Shipping (No PO Boxes)’.
If you are editing an existing Scenario, leave the title the same or update it as desired.
5) Click the Add Another Condition button.
6) Click the Condition field. Then select Address from the Customer Conditions section.
7) Set the Condition logic to Does not contain.
8) Enter the Value as ‘po box,p.o. box,p.o box,po. box,pobox,p.o.box,p.obox,po.box,post office box,p/o,p / o‘
p o box,po box,p.o. box,p.o box,po. box,pobox,p.o.box,p.obox,po.box,post office box,p/o,p / o
9) If you are creating a new Scenario, in the Shipping Methods section, click Add Shipping Method beside a Shipping Zone with PO Box restrictions.
To learn how to add a Custom Shipping Method with flat shipping rates or a table of pre-determined rates, click here. To learn how to add a Live Rate Shipping Method with real-time shipping rates from your preferred carrier, click here.
10) Repeat Step 9 for each additional Shipping Zone that has a PO Box restriction.
11) Click the Save button to save your settings!