Intuitive Shipping gives you the option to select Carrier Delivery Method Times when setting up your Live Rate Shipping Method. When selected, the carrier’s delivery time will be returned along with the live rates, if available. When a carrier delivery time is not returned, none will be displayed.
If you want to ensure that there is always a delivery time, even when the carrier’s delivery time is not returned, you can combine a custom delivery range with the carrier time.
Combine Custom Delivery Ranges With Carrier Delivery Times
1) Click Shipping on the main menu, then select Scenarios from the drop-down list.
2) From the list of your existing Shipping Scenarios, click on the one with the live rate shipping method you wish update.
3) Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click click on an existing Shipping Method title, or click Add Shipping Method to create a new live rate shipping method.
4) In the Display Settings section, enter a range of business days to set your custom delivery time range – e.g. 1 to 5 business days.
3) Below your custom Delivery Time range, check the box beside ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Times‘ (if not already checked).
4) If you are adding a new live rate shipping method, finish the setup process.
5) Click the Save button to save your settings.
How It Works
When you have a custom Delivery Time range – e.g. 1 to 5 business days – and you’ve checked the box beside ‘Use The Carrier Delivery Method Times’, when a live rate is returned with a carrier delivery time, the carrier time will be added to the minimum of your custom range.
Let’s say the carrier returns a delivery time of 3 days, and your custom range is 1 to 5 business days. A combined delivery time of 4 business days will be displayed to your customer at checkout.
When a live rate is returned without a carrier delivery time, your custom range will be displayed – e.g. the customer will be shown a delivery time of ‘1 to 5 business days’.